Sunday 28 April 2013

My Leibster Award



About a month ago, Sabrina from Butterfly Brain nominated me for a Leibster Award. I was moving house at the time so it's only now I've got round to actually sitting down and responding to it.

So, I gathered it works like this. You write 11 things about yourself. Then you answer 11 questions put to you by the blogger that gave you the award. Then you set 11 of your own questions. Then you nominate 11 other bloggers with under 200 followers for their own Leibster Award, and in this way we all learn a bit more about each other, and there's a nice little bit of promotion into the bargain. :-) 

So, here we go...


11 things about me...

1. I'm a huge fan of transformers, as in the cartoons, though I did enjoy parts of the Bay movies. I'm lucky enough to have male friends who let me go on about the merits of having Frank Welker back to voice Megatron, and laugh with me at the crummy scripts and awesome theme tune. My girlfriends tend to nod and smile.

2. When I was a child, I used to say goodnight to all the pop stars in the posters on my walls, as well as to all my cuddly toys on the bed, before going to sleep.

3. One of my best friends is my grandmother. She's 83, and one of the biggest Harry Potter fans I know. When the books were coming out, the best thing was going to her house and discussing the plot with her. (We both guessed right about Snape.)

4. I have a goldfish called Charlie, who I've had for… wait for it… twenty years. My Grandad won him for me at a carnival, back when that was legal. He's a true friend and very beautiful, very social. He's getting a party this year in recognition of his long life. Charlie, you're awesome.





5.When I feel down, scrapbooking makes me feel better. Cutting out pictures and gluing them into a sketch book feels very cathartic.

6. One of my dreams (as in: it'll-never-happen-in-a-million-years dream) is to play Christine in The Phantom of the Opera on stage. Whenever Think of Me comes on my iPod, I immediately picture myself in a huge pouffy dress and diamonds, singing my heart out to an adoring, packed opera house. The reality would be quite different. That's why daydreams were one of God's brilliant ideas.

7. I love notebooks, and tend to buy them because they're pretty. Then I get them home and don't know what to write in them. My mum shares this trait, we are, as she puts it: Suckers for Stationery.

8. One of the best things about my course at university (I studied Illustration) was getting there and finding out other people bought books because they like the front covers.

9. I fancy loads of men off the TV and films, including but not exclusively: David Tennant, Richard E Grant, Benedict Cumberbatch, Philip Glenister (weird older man crush, it's the driving gloves he wears in Ashes to Ashes that does it) Hugh Jackman (who doesn't?) Stephen Mangan, James Nesbitt…

10. I don't know much about them, but planes and flight fascinate me. Flying lessons one day is a must before I leave this earth.

11. I can happily drink about ten cups of tea a day, easy.

Answers to Sabrina's questions...


1- What's your favorite book?

Very hard to answer, but I'd have to say A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Bennett. The prose is beautiful, and the story about triumphing over the odds gets me every time. I go back to it every few years. 

2- Have you ever wished you were born in another time period? If so, when?

Oooh, it would be a hard period, but I'd love to have lived back when Celtic tribes roamed the UK under the Romans. They were very far-thinking when it came to sexual equality, and I also cite Queen Boudicca as a source of inspiration (if you don't know who she is, look her up, and feel her awesome power). 

3- Describe your morning routine on a Saturday.

Set my alarm to get up early and make the most of the weekend, then press the snooze button for two hours. Finally get up, feeling guilty but also sort of naughtily pleased. Wander downstairs, make tea, turn on radio, check emails, then up to the studio for arty fun. 



4- What do you cook (or eat) when you don't feel like spending a lot of time in the kitchen?

Beans on toast. Filling, hot, easy, delicious. 

5- What's a good movie you've seen lately?
RED, with Bruce Willis. I laughed a lot. You can't really go wrong with good old Bruce.

6- What's your favorite scent?

As in perfume? Not sure, but one of my favourite smells is cut grass, can I have that? 

7- Coffee or tea?

TEA. Tea tea tea tea tea. 

8- What is your greatest accomplishment?
My independence.

9- What is your favorite season, and why?

Autumn – I love autumn because firstly there are bonfires, colourful leaves, grey swirly skies, it's just very atmospheric. But also I always get a sense of excitement in the autumn, as if something is about to happen, or I'm about to go on an adventure. A friend said it might be because as kids we went back to school in the autumn, and the feeling remains. 

10- Are you an introvert or an extrovert?

Extrovert.

11- What is your favorite color to wear? 

I wear a lot of navy at the moment, it's quite forgiving. To make sure it's not too boring I pile the accessories on.  

My Questions:


1. If you could be a character from a book, who would you be?

2. Are you a morning person or a night owl?

3. Favourite meal when eating out?

4. What's the best, and worst thing, about running a blog?

5. Where do you go to find inspiration?

6. Who is your hero?

7. Imagine you're a dish. Would you run off with the spoon?

8. What's your earliest memory?

9. Do you have a 'photo face?'

10. If you had a superpower, what would it be?

11. What would your ideal job be?


And my lovely nominees:

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much!!! I loved all of your answers. It's nice learning about the lives of others. It's hard to picture actual people behind some blogs, so I loved this this little activity :-).

    ReplyDelete